Job no: 493121
Work type: Full-time
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, and six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with small impact drivers, typically used on PV solar plants (Vermeer PD-10).
Operate pile drivers mounted on skids, barges, crawler treads, or locomotive cranes to drive pilings for retaining walls, bulkheads, and foundations of structures.
1. Operate and maintain Pile Driver
2. Read and interpret Pile Plans
3. Move hand and foot levers of hoisting equipment to position piling leads, hoist piling into leads, and position hammers over pilings.
4. Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment to ensure proper functioning.
5. Drive pilings to provide support for buildings or other structures, using heavy equipment with a pile driver head.
6. Move levers and turn valves to activate power hammers, or to raise and lower drop hammers that drive piles to required depths.
7. Clean, lubricate, and refill equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Advertised: 16 Jan 2020 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Mar 2020 Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp